Tuesday 25 March 2014

Chasity Nicole








Jessica Dorr
6 hrs


What was the hardest part of getting your book out there? (ie: writing, editing, self publishing, ect.)





Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke Definitely getting my e-book to work right on Smashwords. My epub version doesn't like me and every time I upload it I get an error thrown at me.
3 hrs · Unlike · 2








Michael Neil Dougherty
4 hrs


Chaisty if you met that one author that you can say "gosh I love to meet that author" What would you do or say? Where would you go if you had one full day spent with them? Would you write a story about your time with them? Would you ask your boyfriend if he had anything to do with it occurring? Would you be calm and collected or speechless? Would you see them as a human? Would you ask them how they overcome any challenges either in life as a writer or just writing in general?
Sorry I wrote so much but I think it is very important for us fans to honestly hear the heart and soul from your eyes and heart.

Unlike · · Share


You like this.


Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke My favorite author is probably Lewis Carrol. He is deceased I would pick his brain and ask where the idea of Alice in Wonderland came from. That is my favorite novel and I'd love to know how it came to be. I'm not sure where we would go though, mayb...See More
3 hrs · Unlike · 2








Robert Rumery
6 hrs


Got any theme songs for your characters?

Like · · Share



Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke Ember's theme song is probably Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson, actually that could be a song for the whole book.
6 hrs · Like


Robert Mead the warriors song or USMC cadences
6 hrs · Like · 1








Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke
6 hrs


I'm actually going to step out and go grab some dinner with my family, but continue to ask your questions. I'll answer them as soon as I log back in. If anyone wants to take a look at my author page Author Chasity Nicole it has a lot of other information about me and Wickedly Misunderstood.

Like · · Share





Shah Fazli
6 hrs · Düsseldorf, Germany


Thanks a lot for your time, and really interesting answers, it was lovely to have you with us tonight, goodbye now, hope to see you again. — withChasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke.

Like · · Share


Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke likes this.


Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke Thanks for having me I'll continue popping in and out to see if anyone asks any other questions.
6 hrs · Like








Tracie Earnhardt Lipke
6 hrs


What was your biggest influence to write? Is there anyone in your family that loves to write?

Unlike · · Share


You like this.


Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke Biggest influence is probably Gene Showwalter, she's lately been my favorite author. However my biggest push was my mom, boyfriend, and best friend.
6 hrs · Unlike · 1










Shah Fazli
6 hrs · Düsseldorf, Germany


If you were to change one character or more, or one or more of the scenes, who and what would that be? — with Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke.

Like · · Share



Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke Come book two the scene actually changes. Well it changes for Ember mainly but eventually it does for everyone. Three characters don't make it to book three, and there are reason's behind that and the scenes. If I could really change where Ember is fro...See More
6 hrs · Unlike · 1








Robert Rumery
7 hrs


Before writing Wickedly Misunderstood were you a fan of the super hero genre?

Unlike · · Share


You and Spotlight like this.


View 3 more comments


Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke I used to watch Captain Planet but I can tell you that wasn't an influence here.

Robert I don't really believe so. Ember had always been up in my head and she is more so based off of myself. The other females are based off of my friends as for the guys, some can be loosely considered based off of some guys that have came and gone from my life. Spike is based off of my boyfriend.
7 hrs · Unlike · 1


Travis Patton I take it that your book is a stand alone or is it going to be a full series?
6 hrs · Like


Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke It is a trilogy series. Wickedly Misunderstood is only book one of the Valhaven Island Trilogy. Book two is still being written. I hope to have it out by next year.
6 hrs · Like · 1








Shah Fazli
6 hrs · Düsseldorf, Germany


True, which one of the characters do you know or like the most and why, who you must be thinking about even when you are on your own? — withChasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke.

Like · · Share



Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke My favorite character by far is Ember. She is fun to write and is a temper-mental hot head from time to time. She tends to have a bit of an attitude problem. She is actually based a lot of myself and it can be heartwrenching to write the scenes where she gets hurt and that happens quite a lot. A character I hate is Blade, I'm not fond of him at all. He causes a lot of misery throughout the book.
6 hrs · Unlike · 2








Shah Fazli
6 hrs · Düsseldorf, Germany


Do you have a message to others in your story or characters, or is it just for entertainment, which is also fine, have you thought about it? — withChasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke.

Like · · Share



Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke The whole message behind it is that we should embrace each other's differences. The world would be dull and boring if we were all the same, but rather than embrace the differences we tend to look down on people who are not like us. So the entire concep...See More
6 hrs · Unlike · 1
















Shah Fazli
6 hrs · Düsseldorf, Germany


Thanks, what do you enjoy the most in writing your story or creating your characters, do you have a moment when you really feel proud or satisfied about your writing, when is that, if you know please? — with Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke.

Like · · Share



Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke I enjoy being able to create a world of people and giving a person away of escaping the real world. There was a few parts I stumbled on while editing that had me on the edge of my seat and I wrote the scene, but it had been a while since I wrote it so I was eager to see what happened. I cried when I wrote the last two chapters of the book, because I was sad to see it end and sad to have to write how it ended.
6 hrs · Unlike · 1








Shah Fazli
7 hrs · Düsseldorf, Germany


Who are your readers, and what they say about your characters or your story, how many of such stories you have, and if you are going to produce more of such stories. — with Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke.

Like · · Share



Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke Wickedly Misunderstood is a teen fiction and young adult novel. I've had reviews saying the characters had superficial good looks. As for other stories, I have the final books in this series, two children's books, a crime series, a ghost hunting series, an end of the world book, a Alice spin-off, plus a few short stories that are in anthology projects that are sort of dark in nature.
6 hrs · Unlike · 2








Diane Riggins
7 hrs


Are there any tv shows or movies that had an influence on you when you were creating the characters and their powers?

Unlike · · Share


You like this.


Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke I've never thought about that one. I think Calico may be influence by Supernatural, she is based off of my best friend and her super power is something you would likely find in that show. Plus the friend she is based off of has a love for Supernatural ...See More
7 hrs · Unlike · 2


Diane Riggins I'm a fan of Supernatural and The Tomorrow People. I find those two have an influence somewhat on my writing.
7 hrs · Like · 1


Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke I know crime shows have influenced other writings that I'm working on, but those are still in the beginning stages. I enjoy Supernatural as well.
7 hrs · Like · 1





Shah Fazli
7 hrs · Düsseldorf, Germany


Can you give one example of the mess they have to deal with, is it for instance the global warming, or they are still dealing with some imaginary problems that the humans might have caused? — with Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke.

Like · · Share



Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke It's really one big mess that unwinds itself as the story goes. That's a big one and I can't give it away. But someone on the island is a technopath, she creates robots and no one knows until some of the group goes snooping about.
7 hrs · Unlike · 1








Shah Fazli
7 hrs · Düsseldorf, Germany


Brilliant, can you give one more example of what the teen heroes can do in the book, why have you given them such power, do all of them have some kind of such power as you mentioned before? — with Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke.

Like · · Share



Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke There are side characters such as Ember's parents and cousin who don't have abilities. They are a special bunch outcasted from society because of their abilities. Book two kind of reveals insight on why they have the gifts but it's sort of along the li...See More
7 hrs · Unlike · 1








Shah Fazli
7 hrs · Düsseldorf, Germany


Thanks, why did you decide to write about eleven teens, not less, anything behind that please, why did you title it Wickedly Misunderstood? — withChasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke.

Like · · Share



Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke The reason behind the title is actually found in the story line. Since it ends with wrapping up with a title explanation and a cliff hanger I really won't give that away. I originally had twelve but pulled one out because she wasn't as developed as the...See More
7 hrs · Like








Shah Fazli



Chasity Nicole, Welcome, thanks for being our guest tonight, can you tell us what is Wickedly Misunderstood about, where it takes place, and who are the main characters please, why did you write this book? — withChasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke.

Like · · Share



Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke Wickedly Misunderstood deals with eleven teens who have super human abilities. The teens are brought to an island where they are supposed to learn how to control their abilities and learn why they have them in the first place. Only there is a dark secret on the island and you have to see if Ember can figure it out before anything bad happens.
7 hrs · Unlike · 1


Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke The main characters are Ember, Elecktra, Thirteen, Harliegh, Blade, Sage, Spike, Serenity, Calico, Dante, and Kai. Each of them have a different gift. The story is mostly told through the eyes of Ember.
7 hrs · Unlike · 1


Chasity Nicole Earnhardt-Lipke The story line came to me in a dream one night. At first I didn't plan on writing it out until the dream kept happening. Then I finally decided to write it out and thus Wickedly Misunderstood was born.
7 hrs · Unlike · 1

No comments:

Post a Comment