Wednesday 4 January 2012

The Interpreter: A Literary Group


Robert's Interview With Me:





Robert Craven
Shah Sight, can I ask a question - The Interpreter is based on your personal experiences, how do you feel now that you have written this novel and do you think the story will change the reader's perception of Afghanistan?



Shah Sight Thanks Robert. I worked with NATO for years. I talked with different soldiers and officers from around the world. We ate together, we talked and we even joked. I witnessed how much these soldiers and officers tried not to be harmful to our people in any way possible. They trained hard, they tried to learn our way of life and cultural differences so they wouldn't offend the local Afghans. They truly tried hard and from their hearts to be real soldiers on the ground, but it is war, and nothing can go the way you wish to go in wars. I wrote the interpreter in support of the Afghan interpreters and NATO soldiers who are fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan. Yes, I did even dream that once the interpreter was out the war would be over; it was my dream. From what people, who have read the interpreter, are telling me, they have found it informative, authentic, and interesting, and they have said that it felt as they were with me and the soldiers in the deserts of Helmand.



Robert Craven thank you Shah Sight!



Gerry McCullough Very interesting, Shah! Thanks for the question, Rob.



Kenneth Wayne I have a nephew who did three tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan, but he got our of the military with a bad case of PTSD. He felt the same as you state (they tried not to be harmful), but being the 'other' is very trying and and when a lot of his buddies snapped, the results were not pretty. All I can say is what a pompous folly the whole cops-of-the-world venture has been.
_________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.amazon.com/Interpreter-Shah-Wali-Fazli/dp/1466293128/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/103817

No comments:

Post a Comment