Sunday 5 August 2012

Interpreter: Author Interview: Ron Sewell



Shah Fazli
Ron A Sewell, Pleasure to have you here. 'You Can't Hide Forever', where were you when you wrote this book, I mean what was your job, and where you lived, and why you wrote this book, is there anything in your personal life to do with it, I mean were you motivated in writing this book by something that happened in your life, if not what was it, do you remember what exactly happened that you sat and started writing it? Was it easy for you to write this book, how long did it take, who published it, tell us please anything you want us to know?



Ron A Sewell You Can’t Hide Forever is the third book in a series of three. The first A Basketful of Sleepers, the second The Angel Makers.

They began with the writing of a tale titled Dark Messenger which still resides on my bookshelf unpublished. I had much to learn.



Ron A Sewell I started YCHF whilst in the Royal Navy and lived in Edinburgh. Several of the descriptions in the book are real. The police very nearly arrested me when I was spotted making notes outside the bank in the opening scene.



Ron A Sewell
Did something happen in my life for me to write, yes and no. Similar to the bank incident, I have experienced many of the watery scenes that are included and I love sailing. One of the central characters is named after an ex girlfriend. Wr
iting the book was easy. Originally a short story, a friend asked, what happens after the robbery. I couldn’t give him an answer? Time from start to finish eighteen months.
I sent the manuscript to every agent who might have been involved in the genre. Unfortunately, being unknown I received the standard reply (not for us) until Betty Schwartz who worked for the one of the big six contacted me. We reworked much of it for but no one was interested. At this time I wanted nothing more than to put it to bed. Amazon Kindle appeared at the time to be the best place. For two years no sales until my novel The Collectors (instigated by Betty) arrived on Kindle. Since then it has sold at least one copy a day sometimes four.

I now live in sunny Cyprus with my wife and am busy creating book five of The Collectors series. Why do I write because I enjoy giving characters life.



Ron A Sewell That's all folks.



Shah Fazli Thanks, Ron, apreciate your time. Here is the link to Ron's book http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HIM7OI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_til?

You Can't Hide Foreverwww.amazon.com
Davy Jenkins goes AWOL from the Royal Navy. With his existence in peril all he c
an do is run as echoes from his past haunt every day. He meets Emma, a resourceful woman with whom he begins a new life only to have it viciously destroyed. Driven by revenge, Davy embarks on a bloody reprisal. ...
·


Shah Fazli http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HIM7OI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_til?

You Can't Hide Foreverwww.amazon.com
Davy Jenkins goes AWOL from the Royal Navy. With his existence in peril all he c
an do is run as echoes from his past haunt every day. He meets Emma, a resourceful woman with whom he begins a new life only to have it viciously destroyed. Driven by revenge, Davy embarks on a bloody reprisal. ...


https://www.facebook.com/groups/shahsight/271713862930210/?notif_t=group

No comments:

Post a Comment