Saturday 4 August 2012

Interpreter: Author Interview: Julieanne Lynch



Shah Fazli
Julieanne Lynch, Thanks for your interest. In the Shadows is one of your three titles, right, is it a horror book, if not in which genre it is, and in which genres are your other books, I mean what is your favourite genre of writing, where is the setting of the book, In the Shadows, and tell us what is this book about, if it is not horror, you may also want to to tell us how do you create your characters, do you see them in your head, do you bring real people to it, or do you take it from reading other books or watching films, we would love you to read a few lines of this book for us, if possible? We will post its Amazon links ourselves, but tell us where else it's available?





Julieanne Lynch Thanks, Shah Fazli. My book is actually called 'Within the Shadows' and it is dark urban fantasy for YA (16+), and is a part of my Shadow World series, consisting of 'Within the Shadows', ''Escaping Shadows' and 'Fighting Shadows'. My favourite genre to write is possibly horror, but I do not like to be pigeon holded, and therefore write in many genres. I love fantastical elements, and adore writing in first person, and delving into my own world(s). Within the Shadows is about my heroine Giselle Bergman, who makes a shocking discovery about her long-term boyfriend, and that is when her world is torn apart, and she embarks on a roller coaster ride of pitfalls, heartbreak, betrayal, and self-discovery. It is not your average YA novel, and can be quite brutal at times, and has been called 'edgy' and 'bold' which I love, because let's face it, we all want to stand out, right? When I write, I often write freestyle, basically whatever comes into my head, but normally eveyrthing is stroyboarded, and I go back to my original plans when working. I do however often have dreams about my stories, and this keeps me up most nights (along with my new baby), and I note everything that pops into my head. I am very passionate about books and writing, it is all I've ever known, and will know. I love nothing more than being able to escape to a far away place, where the stresses of every day life can become all too much, and I am sure you all agree, that writing and reading is a great outlet when you find yourselve's in certain mundane situations.



Julieanne Lynch Snippet: “I was born more than two centuries ago in a small village in the Zemplin region, in eastern Slovakia. I am what you would call a classical vampire. I am not dead or undead. I just exist. I am what I am. But, of course, my kin the Nelapsi are viscous, bloodthirsty monsters that stop at nothing in order to feed. They care not for their donors. In fact, in most cases they consume blood with or without permission. It was in the winter of 1790 and times were harsh. Humans were dying from starvation and, as you can imagine, when you rely solely on the blood of a human it becomes a risk for you when they are dying.
“Unfortunately, that didn’t stop many of my brothers. Instead of trying to help them, many turned on the young and defenceless, feeding and consuming their short innocent lives. I couldn’t live with that guilt and hated seeing the bloodshed. That is when I found Leonid who helped me and many of my brothers to change what once was an acceptable way of life, and we found a new way of co-existing with humans.”



Julieanne Lynch The book is available in kindle format on Amazon, with the paperback release due this coming October, where it will be available in all major chains, with a launch event planned, along with signings, etc.





Shah Fazli thank you so much for joining our 'One Stop Interview'. Here is the link to Within the Shadows. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008MZJB3W/ref=as_li_tf_til?

Within the Shadows (Shadow World Novels)www.amazon.co.uk
Living on the razors edge, Giselle Burgman's life is torn apart by her cheating
boyfriend. Little does she realise that he is the least of her worries when her long term friend Alex introduces her to his family and a new, darker world. A world of lies, deceit and corruption. Thrown from one probl...
·


Shah Fazli http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008MZJB3W/ref=as_li_tf_til?

Within the Shadows (Shadow World Novels)www.amazon.co.uk
Living on the razors edge, Giselle Burgman's life is torn apart by her cheating
boyfriend. Little does she realise that he is the least of her worries when her long term friend Alex introduces her to his family and a new, darker world. A world of lies, deceit and corruption. Thrown from one probl...


http://www.facebook.com/groups/shahsight/271473549620908/?notif_t=group_comment

No comments:

Post a Comment