Monday 6 August 2012

Author Interview - Uvi Poznansky



Shah Fazli
Uvi Poznansky, Welcome to our 'One Stop Interview'. We are already familiar with your smooth writing style, what do you write with that style, fiction, non-fiction, poems, what, it would be amazing if you could read a few lines of one of your books for us at some point, but for now we would love to know about your book, what they are about, and name them for us please? When did you start writing, and what exactly motivated you to write, you may also want to tell us who publishes your books?





Uvi Poznansky
Hi Shah, Thank you so much for your question; it is a whole interview in one! So my recent novel, Apart From Love, is an intimate peek into the life of a uniquely strange family: Natasha, the accomplished pianist, has been stricken with ear
ly-onset Alzheimer’s. Her ex-husband Lenny has never told their son Ben, who left home ten years ago, about her situation. At the same time he, Lenny, has been carrying on a love affair with a young redhead, who bears a striking physical resemblance to his wife--but unlike her, is uneducated, direct and unrefined. This is how things stand at this moment, the moment of Ben’s return to his childhood home, and to a contentious relationship with his father.


Uvi Poznansky
I started writing before I knew how to write! When I was a little girl, my father, who was a poet, a writer and an artist, would ask me to collaborate with him on 'finding rhymes' for his poems, thus opening the doors for me, right into the
realm of inspiration. He would write down my stories, in which I invented words that never existed, insisting they describe a necessary aspect of the story. Later, when I started going to school, the principal called my parents for a 'talk', saying that a story a wrote in class was troublesome, because the emotions there were 'too vivid'...


Uvi Poznansky My first book (which is out of print) was published in Israel, in Hebrew. My two children books were published in lulu.com. My recent novel was self-published, and every aspect of it (except editing) was done by me: the cover image, cover design, interior design, conversion to ebook, and more.


Uvi Poznansky Thank you Patrick!



Shah Fazli Thank you so much for your time, enjoyed your time. Also visit --http://shahsightshop.blogspot.de/2012/08/apart-from-love-uvi-poznansky.html

ShahSight Literary Book Shop: Apart from Love - Uvi Poznanskyshahsightshop.blogspot.com
 ·

Uvi Poznansky Thank you Shah! Just tweeted it


http://www.facebook.com/groups/167913359986129/263864427057688/?notif_t=group_comment

No comments:

Post a Comment