Monday 19 March 2012

The Interpreter: Author Interview: Lisa V. Proulx




Shah Sight
Lisa V. Proulx, Welcome, we are delighted to have you with us on our talk show today. We remember from your first interview that you started loving horror from when you were eight, but you didn't start writing anything horror, did you, I don't remember now, tell us something about your past and present a little, Lisa, we love to hear from you?



Lisa V. Proulx Hi, thank you for having me again!



Lisa V. Proulx I wrote my first horror story when I was about eight years old and then went on to writing poems, then full length stories.


Shah Sight Lisa, thanks, we will hear a few lines of one your poems later, and also ask you if any of your poetry books has been published, for now please name a few of your characters in one or two of your horror books, and tell us a little bit how they look like, show us as if we are watching a horror film now, please, if possible?



Lisa V. Proulx Only one of my poems have been published, Screams of No Reply. My first book is a vampire novel called PUNCTURE and the characters are Victor, Veronica, Aidan and Melissa. Victor and Veronica are based on me and my ex. He has long black hair and you can see what I look like! :) Aidan is a gorgeous and loving vampire and Melissa has long red, wavy hair and is now very evil.


Shah Sight Lisa, you look gorgeous, why did you base your characters on you and your ex, any particular reason, or any other interesting thing behind this, what people say about these two characters, which, I suppose, are the main characters in your book?



Lisa V. Proulx Thank you! Quite simply, he made me angry! :) I was so upset with him that I decided to write a story about what he had done to anger me. They say to write about what you know so I based the two main characters on us. He is a good guy really but quite a character himself! We were together for 11 years. He makes a good evil vampire. :)


Shah Sight Interesting, Lisa, you have many horror books, right, but we see you rarely posting their Amazon or any other site links to this site, we don't know about other sites, how do you promote your books, if this is not what your prefer, in what method do you believe, or it is your horror books that go on their own and attract people?



Lisa V. Proulx I would love to post my book info on this sight, I just didn't want anyone to think I was spamming them! I spend many hours a day online with two blogs, a FaceBook page, a FaceBook Author Fan page, Twitter, business cards plus word of mouth. I really need some more reviews so I hold contests every week to giveaway a FREE book in exchange for a review. I also interview authors once a week on my blog and bands on my other blog.


Shah Sight All right, Lisa, thanks. I do apologise if I am saying so much horror, horror, it is because we all love horror, do your characters fly, do they time travel, do they go from one place to another jumping from wall to wall and house to house, or do they just disappear here and appear somewhere else, how are they, tell us something please?



Lisa V. Proulx Please don't be sorry! I love talking about my books and my characters. I LOVE horror too! Veronica is an innocent girl who gets turned by the evil vampire Victor. He is capable of many things like flying and reading minds but she is not aware that she too is able to do such things. He keeps her in the dark, controls her, lies to her and then she is trapped. When they do travel, all they have to do is think about where they want to go and they are there, just there. They never know where they will land though, it is just someplace else. I will put the full description of the book on next.



Lisa V. Proulx PUNCTURE...A hauntingly beautiful tale about vampire love and betrayal between a mortal and an undead.

Craving a taste for the dark side, Veronica gets more than she bargained for when she is seduced by Victor, an evil and dangerous vampire. His obsession with her runs her off the road to Heaven and soon she too will turn her back on righteousness.

Longing to be mortal again and trapped in the darkness of an immortal life, she struggles with knowing right from wrong, Heaven from Hell, and love from hate.

But when she discovers the truth about her dark prince, will it be too late? Will her new vampire friend help her destroy the only man she has ever loved? And why is he so willing to help her destroy him?

You will fall in love with the innocent Veronica and her search for love, feel her joy at rekindling an old flame and die with her as the love of her life becomes her murderer.

Victor is a charming but wicked vampire who could compel a corpse on the gallows to speak. We follow him as he preys on Veronica, senses her weakness and watch as he pounces on her and destroys her with just…one…puncture.

Every woman knows a man like Victor...


Shah Sight Lisa, we have a question from Tammy Day, which is, 'At what age did you know that you wanted to be an author? Can you please post your answer once more here, so we have it all in the same place?



Lisa V. Proulx Hi Tammy, I wrote my first horror story when I was about eight years old and then my 9th grade English teacher put my poem "Screams of No Reply" into the local newspaper. I felt like a celebrity and realized then that not only my parents thought I was talented. Thank you for your question! :)


Shah Sight We thank Tammy Day for the questions, and also thank Lisa, tell us what are you writing now, Lisa, another horror, you said you were thinking of writing zombies, if I am not wrong, what are you writing now, are you still creating horror characters in a different way?



Lisa V. Proulx I still write horror and I LOVE vampires, no zombies yet. :) I am actually going out of the box with my next book. It's actually going to be an erotic romance! LICK AND A PROMISE

At 16, Poppy Bishop was a teenage runaway. At 17, she was in bed with the lead guitarist of one the biggest bands in rock history. She went on to become Poppy Bleu, a “famous” groupie who bedded rock stars, their wives (and girlfriends) and became a junkie by the time she was 21. But she never forgot her first rock star and to her delight, he never forgot her.

For over 20 years, Poppy Bleu was known in the rock and roll world as the best backstage lay and liked, loved and hated by some of the world’s biggest rock stars. Her story is one of drugs, sex and rock and roll and how she went from groupie to junkie to author and becoming the love of a lead guitarist’s life who saved her from a life of ruin.


Shah Sight All new and exciting for us, are you a full time writer, do you send out your vampire characters to feed you Lisa, or it is not that, you are doing other things as well apart from that, I mean do your books make enough money for your living or do you have another job as well, you may want to tell us something?



Lisa V. Proulx I am also a feature writer/columnist for my local newspaper. Been doing that for about 12 years. I also pet sit for a friend of mine. I am also in the process of opening up a vintage (1970's) clothing site online and sell rock star rags, music items, comics, things like that. I would love to be on the NY Times Best Seller List!!! :)


Shah Sight You are delightful and full of joy, we wish you even more success in your life, whatever you are thinking of achieving, do you want to say something to our audience at the end of this interview, Lisa, we love to hear from you?



Lisa V. Proulx Thank you so much! I really appreciate all of your support. If I may, I would like to add a link to my books on Amazon. My fans can also reach me on FaceBook, I am very approachable and would love to hear from everyone! Thank you again for your time and for those who asked me questions. It means a lot! :)http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=books&field-author=Lisa+V.+Proulx

Amazon.com: Lisa V. Proulx: Bookswww.amazon.com
Amazon.com: Lisa V. Proulx: Books


Shah Sight Hang on please we have one more caller, 'How do you decide what to write about?' This is if from our caller Brenda Jones Smith, answer her question please?



Lisa V. Proulx Thank you Brenda! It depends on what mood I'm in and what is going on in my life at the time. Like PUNCTURE was written back in 2004 and my life was very different then, very dark. A lot of my ideas just come to me and some are nightmares that have been turned into stories. Thanks for your question! :)


Shah Sight We thank Lisa, and thank Tammy Day and BrredaBrenda Jones Smith for joining in this interview. If you want to buy Lisa's books, please visit: https://sites.google.com/site/shahsightshop/punt

Puncture, Lisa V. Proulx, / Horror FICTION / Thrillers - ShahSight Home Literary Book Shopsites.google.com
A hauntingly beautiful tale about vampire love and betrayal between a mortal a...See More


Shah Sight https://sites.google.com/site/shahsightshop/king-of-shadow

King of Shadows, Lisa V. Proulx, Horror > Kindle eBooks > Mystery & Thrillers - ShahSight Home Litesites.google.com
The dark and wispy tale of an angry and violent man who is hell-bent on raisin...See More


Shah Sight You can find nearly all of Lisa's books here:https://sites.google.com/site/shahsightshop/system/app/pages/search?scope=search-site&q=lisa+v+proulx

Search results - ShahSight Home Literary Book Shopsites.google.com
smashwordsThe Rainbow Won't Wait, an Ebook by Lisa V. Proulxwww.smashwords.comA dying mother's advice for the obstinate daughter she is leaving behind. A story ...

No comments:

Post a Comment