Monday 9 January 2012

The Interpreter: With Rebecka

http://www.facebook.com/groups/160298634071734/



Shah Sight
Rebecka Vigus, We knew each other for the first time on LinkedIn, you were kind enough to buy my book, and leave a wonderful comment, something that we authors so much look forward to, let me ask you about the reviews about your book, are you happy with the reviews you have received, was there a point that you thought someone was unfair about leaving a review, or you are satisfied from what achievement you have got from your writing? Tell us the name of your books please and tell us where can we buy them, provide us with a link?





Rebecka Vigus Tough question. I know not everyone who reads them will love my books. Most of my reviews have been good. I have an awful time getting them. One person left a review saying I should write for children as I write at a low reading level, I knew it to be a dig, but took it as a new idea. Maybe I should try children's books. I am very proud of what I've written. I have several books: Only a Start and Beyond(poetry), So You Think You Want to be a Mommy(for teens and tweens), and then I moved to mysteries: Secrets, Out of the Flames, and Target of Vengeance. All can be found at amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Rebecka+Vigus&x=9&y=17

Amazon.com: Rebecka Viguswww.amazon.com




Rebecka Vigus Wish it would show my book and not one by a distant relative...grr.


Shah Sight Thanks, what are you writing now, do you have another book coming out soon?



Rebecka Vigus I have just started a three book series. Cold Case: Sleeping Dogs Lie is coming out in just a few months. I'm working on the second in that series and some short stories for a contest. I need three, two are done and I'm halfway through the third. The series features Macy McVannel and her partner Tom Maxwell. They will go on in the second and third book to different crimes.


Shah Sight Last question, Rebecka, what do you like in a book when you read it, are your writings influenced by any of your favourite authors, you might want to name one or two of your favourite authors?



Rebecka Vigus I like a book that keeps me guessing. I am mostly a mystery buff. While the big name authors are good, I like William Kent Krueger's Cork O'Connor series. I love John Gilstrap for a good sit on the edge of your seat book also, Carla Neggers is a good read. I recently stepped out of my comfort zone and read Elemental Reality by Cesya MaRae Cuono....a good YA read. Not sure any of them influence my writing other than they make me strive for accuracy and gripping stories.


Shah Sight Rebecka, it was wonderful to be with you today, I wish you more and more success in your writing, thank you so much for being with us.



Rebecka Vigus Thank you for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment