Wednesday 4 January 2012

The Interpreter: A Literary Group


http://www.facebook.com/groups/160298634071734/




Shah Sight
Question,
Shaun, you have described Sin as 'dark', we want to know what you mean by that. Is 'dark' the genre you always want to write? Tell us what is your favourite genre?





Shaun Allan Hi Shah. Well, the description of dark was actually from a review. Sin has been called dark and disturbing, as well as an incredible read. When I wrote it I wasn't aiming for that feeling, but the book sort of wrote itself, so the mood suited the main character. People die around Sin. He treats it with a certain sense of humour, but can't escape that fact. Sin is very much a part of me, but I'm very relaxed and happy, so perhaps he's my 'dark half'? I find it very easy to write as Sin, hence his blog which is written from his point of view. I am not sure if that's a good thing...



Shaun Allan I didn't mention the genre. I don't write a book to a specific genre. Half the time I don't know what the story will be until it is complete. I never plan them out.



Valerie Douglas Oh Sin is dark.. and pretty demented... it's definitely different...



Shaun Allan So nice of you to say Valerie Douglas!



Valerie Douglas I'm loving the book... reading it in stages...



Shaun Allan I didn't realise Val. Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment